Pamukkale 1 day tour from Side is a populer culture and nature trip. Pamukkale is a district of Denizli province which is located about 300 km from the Side. Pamukkale means ‘cotton castle’ in Turkish.
Tour details :
Pamukkale 1-day tour from Side is a culture and nature trip. Pamukkale is a district of Denizli Province which is located about 300 km from the Side. Pamukkale means ‘cotton castle’ in Turkish. The name derives from its look. It is also considered one of the oldest thermal cities in the world. A world wonder Pamukkale is on the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites that have always attracted visitors with its beauty and health purposes for centuries. The waters of Pamukkale are around 30 degrees Celsius and cure some skin sickness. There are many small thermal pools in the Pamukkale formation. You can walk (without shoes) in and swim within. In Pamukkale, you do not only see Turkey’s world-famous tourism trademark and its natural beauty, the White Travertines. But also you w see a number of other famous sites around the Pamukkale area, including the Antique City Hierapolis, Necropolis, and the Cleopatra Pool.
Hierapolis is just behind the thermal pools of Pamukkale. Hierapolis meaing holy city stretches for about 2,7 km. You can come across antient theather,main streets and many other Roman ruins in the antique city.
Cleopatra pool was articifially created however the water does sit on the top of the ancient coloums that fell from the city during the earthqueke.You are able to swim amongst ruins and coloums in this pool.Enough free time is given to relax ,enjoy the surroundings and swimming by tour guide
A visit a hand-woven carpet and rug production center and learning about traditional Turkish hand-weaving art is in the Pamukkale 1 day tour program too.Do not miss that wonderfull trip !
PAMUKKALE 1 DAY TOUR FROM SIDE ITINERARY:
• Pick-up from the hotels in Side
• Breakfast break
• Lunch at a restaurant
• Drive towards Pamukkale over Denizli city
• Arrival in Pamukkale and visiting the limestone terraces
• Visit the ancient city of Hierapolis and the necropolis
• Return trip towards Tavas town
• Visit a carpet loom
• Dinner time
• Return trip towards Antalya over the Taurus mountain
•Transfer back to your hotel (23:30-24:00)
• Pick up/drop off from hotels and apartments in Side
• Proffessional tour guide
• Entrance fees to Pamukkale terraces and Hierapolis antique city
*Swimming in Cleopatra’s Thermal Pool (11€)
ADDITIONAL INFO & TIPS:
* It is allowed to swim in thermal pools and walk on the calcium terraces of Pamukkale.
* If you want to swim in the Cleopatra pool, Take your swimming suit and towel
* The price of our Pamukkale one-day tour from Antalya includes a full package. You will just pay extra for drinks optionally. So you will not be surprised for paying anything else on the tour.
* Looking, walking, and taking photos at the Cleopatra pool and Redwater are free of charge. Just swimming in these pools is an optional extra.