Salda lake and Pamukkale tour from Side is a nature and culture tour to Turkey’s Maldives Salda lake and world-famous Pamukkale and Hierapolis. Side is located about 225 km from Salda lake and 300 km from Pamukkale.
Tour details :
Salda lake and Pamukkale tour from Side is a nature and culture tour to Turkey’s Maldives Salda lake and world-famous Pamukkale. Salda lake is the cleanest lake and also one of the deepest lakes (184 meters) in Turkey. The water of the lake is less salty and has high alkaline properties. Salda Lake is estimated to have formed about 2 million years ago. Salda lake’s natural beauty has been able to protect it until today because of its location among the mountains and away from the main way. The nature park of Salda lake has a wonderful combination of a white-sanded beach, pine and juniper-covered forests, and clear sky blue. The white sands that make Salda lake so attractive resemble the Maldives. Because of that is known as the Maldives in Turkey. You will have the opportunity to walk on the sandy beach and swim in Salda Lake.
The second visit of The tour is the world-famous Pamukkale with white terraces and the ancient city of Hierapolis. Pamukkale is located about 300 km from Side. It has got thermal water of 30 degrees and it is said to be good for some sickness. You can swim, walk and take great photos on the Pamukkale terraces.Hierapolis is just next to Pamukkale travertines.Hierapolis which means Holly city was establised in 2nd AD. The ruins of antique city streches approximately 2.7 km. You can see well-preserved structures such as main streets, Necropolis(old cemetry),antique bath houses,Agora (old market place) theater in the ancient city. Just above the Pamukkale travertines, there is the Cleopatra pool which was created artificially, you will see the historical columns destroyed due to earthquakes. If you want, you can swim amongst these coloums in this thermal water by paying an extra fee. You will have free time to relax and enjoy the surroundings.
Don’t miss the Salda lake and Pamukkale tour from Side which we combine the two natural beauties in a day trip.
SALDA LAKE AND PAMUKKALE TOUR FROM SIDE ITINERARY:
* Pick-up from hotels & apartments in Side and around
* Drive towards Pamukkale via Denizli city
* Comfort break
* Arrive in Pamukkale (about 10:00 o’clock)
* Visit the ancient city of Hierapolis and the necropolis (approx one hour)
* Visit the Pamukkale (Cotton Castle) limestone terraces then enjoy free time (approx 2 and a half hours)
* Visit Salda lake. Enjoy some free time to explore (approx one hour)
* Return trip towards Antalya over the Taurus mountain
* Drop off at hotels & apartments in Side (22:00-22:30)
* Pick up/drop off from hotels and apartments in Side
* Entrance fees to Pamukkale, Hierapolis antique city, and Salda lake
* Personel expenses
* Swimming in Cleopatra’s thermal pool (10€)
ADDITIONAL INFO & TIPS:
* We do not visit any shopping center in order to give you more free time to spend in the attractions of the tour.
* It is allowed to swim in thermal pools and walk on the calcium terraces of Pamukkale.
* If you want to swim in the Cleopatra pool, Take your swimming suit and towel
* Looking, walking, and taking photos at the Cleopatra pool and Redwater are free of charge. Just swimming in these pools is an optional extra.