Pamukkale 2-day tour from Side is a cultural tour with a 1-night hotel staying in Pamukkale. Pamukkale is 300 km away from Side. Pamukkale & Hierapolis meaning ‘cotton castle’ in Turkish is known as one of the oldest thermal cities in the world.
Tour details :
Pamukkale 2 days tour from Side is a cultural tour with a 1-night hotel staying in Pamukkale. Pamukkale is 300 km away from Side. Pamukkale & Hierapolis meaning ‘cotton castle’ in Turkish is known as one of the oldest thermal cities in the world. Pamukkale is in the UNESCO World Heritage list and has always attracted visitors with its beauty and health purposes for centuries. The thermal waters of Pamukkale have some legends that are around 30-degree Celsius and cure some sicknesses. Pamukkale has Turkey’s world-famous tourism trademark and the natural beauty, the White Travertines. Pamukkale travertine is a type of limestone deposited at the mouth of the spring. Thermal sources on an important fault line of western Anatolia in Pamukkale are warmed up by subterranean heat and come out at 33-36 C. The water contains calcium hydro carbonate. Tectonic movements triggered frequent earthquakes in this area and gave rise to the emergence of a number of very hot springs. The water from these springs created Pamukkale with its large mineral content. When the hot water is in touch with carbon dioxide, it starts to lose its warmth, and also carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide are released into the air. As a result, the calcium carbonate is precipitated. So the water forms magnificent viewed travertine.
Pamukkale region has attracted people throughout history due to its healing thermal waters and many cities have been established in the region. The ruins of the city of Hieropolis have survived to the present day. The city of Hierapolis, right next to Pamukkale, streches approximately 2.7 km. You can see well-preserved structures such as main streets, Necropolis, theater in the ancient city. Just above the Pamukkale travertines, there is the Cleopatra pool, about which many legends are told. Inside the pool, which was created artificially, you will see the historical columns destroyed due to earthquakes. If you want, you can swim amongst these coloums in this thermal water by paying an extra fee. You will have free time to relax and enjoy the surroundings, spending the night in a hotel close to Pamukkale travertines. You will also visit a hand-woven carpet and rug production center and learn about traditional Turkish hand-weaving art.Pamukkale 2-day tour from Side is an unmissable cultural tour.
PAMUKKALE 2-DAY TOUR FROM SIDE ITINERARY:
* Pick-up from hotels and apartmants in Side
* Travel over the Taurus mountain
* Breakfast in Korkuteli
* Denizli city panoramic break
* Lunch break
* Arrival at Pamukkale and visiting limestone terraces
* Visit the ancient city of Hierapolis
* Visiting Cleopatra pool
* Dinner and overnight accommodation ın the hotel in Pamukale
* Breakfast in the hotel and deperture from Hotel
* Visit Redwater
* Visit a village mosque
* Visit a carpet workshop
* Antalya panoramic break
* Dropping off at your hotels & apartments in Side
* Pick up/drop off from hotels and apartments in Side
* 3-stars thermal hotel with half board (breakfast and dinner included in hotel)
* Tour guide
* Lunches (2 times)
* Drinks at the hotel and with meals.
* Swimming in Cleopatra’s pool (10€) and Redwater entrance fee
* Entrance fees to Pamukkale and Hierapolis Antique city
ADDITIONAL INFO & TIPS:
* If you have limited time, you can prefer our Pamukkale one day tour from Side alternatively.
* When you compare Pamukkale tour prices, please notice what is included or not included in the price. Our price includes the Pamukkale terraces entrance, you just pay extra for lunches and drinks. So you will not be surprised about paying anything else with us during the tour
* Looking, walking, and taking photos at the Cleopatra pool and Redwater are free of charge. Just swimming in the pool is an optional extra.